We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content


Please note Hampshire County Council no longer supply sandbags to residents to protect their own property and EHDC have limited supplies and prioritize their use in emergency situations.

Sandbags supplies can be obtained locally from building merchants such as Travis Perkins, Coomers and Wickes but supplies may be limited and this is a DIY process. Wickes may also supply Hydro Snake flood and spill barrier packs.

A quick internet search will find other products and suppliers.


Place sandbags, or any solid barrier (plastic bags full of soil are a good alternative) at any entry points to your home, particularly where the level of the land is at the lowest point.

If the flood water is entering your home from under the floors (ground water flooding) unfortunately sandbags will not help.