Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Home

** JALSA SALANA 26th-28th JULY - They may try to access West / East Worldham via Hall Lane / Gaston Lane **

Saturday peak hours:

10am-2pm

6pm-9pm

Sunday peak hours:

10am-2pm

6pm-9pm

Welcome - The Parish Council website has been revamped and is now a source of lots of new information. In addition to general Parish Council information, it also includes direct links to: schools, doctors, airports, rail, emergencies for water, gas etc., flooding, cost of living support, and a 'Report It' button to allow you to directly report Potholes, Fly Tipping, Missed Bin Collection etc., to either HCC or EHDC. 

N E W   S E C T I O N S   T H I S    M O N T H:

- Planning Applications 2014-24 goes directly to the Planning Portal Application

Dentists in Alton - See Helpful Info/ Medical / Dentist

Testicular Cancer - See Helpful Info/ Medical / Cancer / Testicular - includes a video explaining how to check

Posters at the bottom of this page for 'How to keep your home cool' and looking out for 'heatstroke in dogs'.

School Holidays 2024/25 - see 'Children' 

Farringdon Parish Council Notes - updates on issues, plus information etc - see below

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E V E N T S   I N  T H E  A R E A 

(Click on poster and full poster will appear)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

W H A T 'S    H A P P E N I N G   I N   F A R R I N G D O N

22nd -31st July - Lych Gate Track / path being repaired

30th July: Quiz Night @ The Rose & Crown

31st July: Oak Jam Session @ The Royal Oak

3rd August: Village Coffee Morning @ All Saints

22nd August: Rob Jarman's Summer Quiz @ the Rose & Crown 7pm (in aid of Nicky Jarman's Mud House Children's Foundation).

25th August: Stand Together Against Cancer @ the Royal Oak

31st August: Farringdon Festival from 12noon @ the Rose & Crown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R O A D   N O T I C E S

26-28 July: Jalsa Salana East Worldham -  EXPECT MAJOR DELAYS / AVOID AREA IF POSSIBLE

Track by Lych Gate CLOSED w/c 22nd July for 2 weeks for repairs - Church Green Cottage side  still open

B3004 CLOSURE  - To see where the team is working, the interactive map is kept up to date and can be viewed on the project’s webpage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farringdon Parish Council Hampshire Home

N O T E S

* Please note the Parish Clerk position is currently vacant - if you wish to contact the Parish Council please email [email protected]

* NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2024  -  Farringdon Parish Council Click Here

* The Parish Council has two current vacancies for Parish Councillors. These vacancies may be filled by co-option onto the council at the next full parish council meeting (Thurs 12th Sept). If you are interested in taking on this role and serving your community or wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Denise Maughan [email protected]

*Massey's Folly is being worked on and it's expected to last 3-4 weeks: "The building is soaking wet and deteriorating and the Administrator was keen to make a start to remove the materials that have been used that are not approved or fit for purpose, and clear the externals following ongoing worries by the neighbours.  Nothing to do with the fabric of the building will be removed....No actual works will be undertaken to the building without consent or prior approval. ‘’ EHDC

* Barleywood Farm Lane (Gaston Lane) HCC Update 09/07: "The traffic management at this site is being monitored by our area teams so hopefully is rectified quickly when it is moved. As regards to the permanent solution, we are still working on the design for this. We are actively engaged with our contractor and also the flood management team to ensure that the right solution is implemented. As such I will not be able to provide you with an update on timescales at this point but I will do as soon as we have a programme in place."

* Road Signage - Please Keep it Clear: Please would all householders who have foliage that grows close to or overhangs advisory/mandatory road signs such as speed limits, road names or direction signposts to keep these well clear for good visibility from 20-30 metres. Lack of visibility of speed limits and stop signs is dangerous and Hampshire Highways advise us that they have the authority to clear the foliage and charge the costs to the home owner.

* HELP TO KEEP DRAINS CLEAR - Would all those households with gravel drives in Upper Farringdon please ensure that the gravel does not drift onto the roads as this adds to blockages to street drainage resulting in flooding.

* Phones Boxes / Notice Boards: We are awaiting these being painted / oiled.

* Farringdon Roads Report July:  - Click Here

* Next Parish Council Meeting: THURSDAY 12th September 7pm Function Room (The Royal Oak)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F A R R I N G D O N    W E A T H E R

(Dave Mattey's website - scroll down on site for graph) farringdonweather.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B I N S

What to do if your bin wasn't collected | East Hampshire District Council (easthants.gov.uk)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~