This is a list of emergency details for various utilities, police etc - click website and it will take you directly to associated website
Hampshire Police Website - to report a crime
111 Non Emergency
CrimeStoppers Website - Contact CrimeStoppers to anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour.
Tel: 0800 555111
National Power Cut Helpline - If you have a power cut, call 105 to get up-to-date information. They should also be able to let you know when the power will be back on. This is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call 105 from most phones.
Customers are encouraged to be prepared for the possibility of disruption to supplies by:
• Saving the emergency power cut number - '105' - to your phone to report any loss of supply or damage to the electricity network
• Visiting SSEN's Power Track Website to give you details of power cuts and restoration times. You can also report power cuts and network damage through the Power Track app
• Going to OVO's website where there is a wealth of advice and information on how to deal with a power cut, or to chat live to one of OVO's advisors via its Webchat service. OVO Website
Customers are also eligible for Priority Services Register (PSR) if they:
Who is eligible?
You may want to be on our register if you:
• Are deaf or hard of hearing
• Have a disability
• Live with children under five
• Are blind or partially sighted
• Have a chronic illness
• Use medical equipment/aids reliant on electricity
• Are over 60
• Temporarily need extra support
If you think you have a gas leak or can smell gas, leave the house and phone the National Gas Emergencies number immediately.
National Gas Helpline - 0800 111 999
24 hours a day, 7 days a week